Gerald Wilkerson Attorney At Law in Jacksonville, Florida
Gerald Wilkerson, Attorney At Law
Floridian. He joined the United States Army in 1986 at the age of 17 years old, and was honorably discharged in 1989.
Gerald Wilkerson is a sixth-generation Floridian. He worked full-time while attending college at night, and graduated from Florida International University with Honors in 1996.
In 1997 he was accepted to the University of Florida College of Law. During law school, Mr. Wilkerson was a member of the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa Honors Legal Fraternity, wrote for the Technology Law Journal, and earned the coveted "Book Award" in Family Law which is the highest grade in the class. He met and married his wife while in law school, and graduated with Honors in May 2000.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Wilkerson began his legal career at the Office of the Public Defender in Jacksonville, where he represented indigent people charged with criminal violations. He handled many types of criminal cases ranging from juvenile delinquency to serious felonies. While at the Public Defender's Office, he honed his litigation skills while handling thousands of cases at all stages of criminal representation.
In 2002 Mr. Wilkerson entered private practice, and expanded his practice to include family law cases ranging from simple divorces to complicated custody cases.
In 2005, Mr. Wilkerson opened his own law practice and has continued to offer quality, aggressive, and reasonably priced legal services in criminal, and family law. Throughout the years, his practice has also included a myriad of different kinds of law including personal injury, bankruptcy, probate, contract, and worker's compensation. The result of such a varied repertoire of legal practice is that he has become a balanced yet aggressive litigator.
- 1986 - 1989 United States Army, Honorable Discharge
- 1996 Florida International University, B.A. WITH HONORS, Miami, Florida
- 1998 McLin, Burnsed, Morrison, Johnson, Newman and Roy, P.A. , Intern, Leesburg, FL
- 2000 University of Florida, Levin College of Law, Juris Doctor WITH HONORS
- 2000 - 2002 Office of the Public Defender, Jacksonville, Florida
- 2002 - 2005 Sullivan and Associates, P.A.
- 2005 - present Law Office of Gerald Wilkerson, P.A.
- Admitted: Florida Bar, Middle District of Florida Federal Bar
Gerald Wilkerson in the news: